As an industrial association, VHI represents the professional, economic and technical interests of the manufacturers of particleboards, MDF, and OSB as well as plywood, Wood-Polymer-Composite (WPC) and internal doors.
The focuses of its activities are:
- Supervision of the entrepreneurs’ platforms and the working groups.
- Processing and interpretation of branch-specific market data.
- Monitoring of economic developments as well as of legislative and regulatory activities.
- Consulting with regard to economic, technical and political issues.
- Creation of common standards and directives.
- Public relations.
With an annual turnover of 4,71 bill. EUR (+8 %) in 2014 and 12.000 employees, the German wood-based panel industry is the market leader in Europe. With 6.600 employees, the German internal doors industry achieves an annual turnover over 1 bill. EUR.